Books On Law and Technology:
PERSPECTIVES ON PREDICTIVE CODING And Other Advanced Search Methods for the Legal Practitioner, Editors: Jason R. Baron, Ralph C. Losey, Michael Berman; Foreword by Judge Andrew Peck (ABA 2016-2017).
Adventures in Electronic Discovery (West, Spring 2011);
Introduction to e-Discovery, (ABA 2009);
e-Discovery: Current Trends and Cases (ABA 2008);
Your Cyber Rights and Responsibilities: The Law of the Internet, Chapter 3 of Que’s Special Edition Using the Internet, (McMillian 3rd Ed, 1996).
Law Review Articles and Other Writings on Law and Technology and Insurance:
- White House Obtains Commitments to Regulation of Generative AI from OpenAI, Amazon, Anthropic, Google, Inflection, Meta and Microsoft (Aug. 1, 2023)
- What Lawyers Think About AI, Creativity and Job Security (July 28, 2023)
- ChatGPT-4 Scores in the Top One Percent of Standard Creativity Tests (July 21, 2023)
- Creativity Test of GPT’s Story Telling Ability Based on an Image Alone (July 20, 2023)
- Creativity and How Anyone Can Adjust ChatGPT’s Creativity Settings To Limit Its Mistakes and Hallucinations (July 12, 2023)
- Code of Ethics for “Empathetic” Generative AI (July 12, 2023)
- Sam Altman’s Favorite Unasked Question: What Will We Do in the Future After AI? (July 7, 2023)
- How AI Developers are Solving the Small Input Size Problem of LLMs and the Risks Involved (June 30, 2023)
- Rule for All Congressional Staff on Use of Chatbots: Only ChatGPT Plus is Allowed (June 27, 2023)
- McKinsey Predicts Generative AI Will Create More Employment and Add 4.4 Trillion Dollars to the Economy (June 23, 2023)
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HUMAN INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE INTELLIGENCE? (June 20, 2023)
- OpenAI’s Best Practices For Using GPT Software (June 16, 2023)
- REAL OR FAKE? New Law Review Article Provides a Good Framework for Judges to Make the Call (June 13, 2023)
- A Lawyer and a Scientist Walk Into a Bar and Chat About AI (June 12, 2023)
- News Flash – First Suit Filed Against ChatGPT For Hallucinatory Libel (June 8, 2023)
- Seeds of U.S. Regulation of AI: the Proposed SAFE Innovation Act (June 7, 2023)
- Is ChatGPT Ethically Aligned When It Comes To Generating Marketing? (June 6, 2023)
- OpenAI Adds a Security Portal (June 1, 2023)
- Either ChatGPT-4 just Hallucinated on me again, or Open AI took away a key ability from ChatGPT-4 and forgot to tell ChatGPT, or anyone else! (May 31, 2023)
- Review of Open AI’s New iPhone Version App and Three New Third Party Apps for Use of ChatGPT-4 (May 30, 2023)
- Testing a Red Team’s Claim of a Successful “Injection Attack” of ChatGPT-4 Using a New ChatGPT Plugin (May 22, 2023)
- VEGAS BABY! The AI Village at DEFCON Sponsors Red Team Hacking to Improve Ethics Protocols of Generative AI (May 15, 2023)
- A Discussion of Some of the Ethical Constraints Built Into ChatGPT with Examples of How They Work (May 9, 2023)
- Beware of the Deceptive Intelligence of ChatGPT: Little Can Be Known From Mere Language Alone (May 9, 2023)
- ChatGPT Has Severe Memory Limitations: Judges, Arbitrators and Commercial Litigation Lawyers, Your Jobs Are Safe, For Now. (May 5, 2023)
- The Proposal of Chat-GPT for an “AI Guardian” to Protect Privacy in Legal Cases (April 15, 2023)
- Prompting a GPT-4 “Hive Mind” to Dialogue with Itself on the Future of Law, AI and Adjudications (April 11, 2023)
- ChatGTP-4 Prompted To Talk With Itself About “The Singularity” (April 4, 2023)
- Start Preparing For “THE SINGULARITY.” There is a 5% to 10% chance it will be here in five years. Part 2 (April 1, 2023)
- Start Preparing For “THE SINGULARITY.” There is a 5% to 10% chance it will be here in five years. Part 1 (March 31, 2023)
- Do You Agree With The Petition To Pause ChatGPT Development? (March 29, 2023)
- Ten Ways LLM Models Such As ChatGPT Can Be Used To Assist Lawyers (March 25, 2023)
- From Information to Knowledge to Wisdom: Can Ai Save the Day? – Part 2 (March 17, 2023)
- From Information to Knowledge to Wisdom: Can Ai Save the Day? – Part 1 (March 12, 2023)
- Ai Enhanced Communications and Education Are Here to Save the Day (March 12, 2023)
- Artificial Intelligence Allows Three Ages of Ralph to Promote His Next Two Blogs on the Connection Between Plato’s Cave and E-Discovery (February 13, 2023)
- How AI can be Used to Improve Search in e-Discovery (January 12, 2023)
- The GPT-3 “AI” Explains Itself to Tech-Savvy e-Discovery Lawyers and Shows a Few Possible Applications (January 10, 2023)
- AI Analysis of the Top Five Cases in 2022 Shows Major Flaws in Use of Open AI’s GPT Software for Legal Research and Analysis (December 29, 2022) (Some assumptions Ralph made in this article were later found to be in error.)
- Holiday Gift Share of My Experimentation with Open AI Software (December 23, 2022)
- Can Machines Create Truly Authentic Content? (December 10, 2022)
- Spider-Man Entangled in an e-Filing Privacy Battle, JD Supra (10/17/2022).
- EARLY NEUTRAL EVALUATION: Can a Stitch In Time Save Nine? JD Supra (two-part article, part one 7/15/2022).
- The Right to Privacy in Modern Discovery: a review of another great law review article, JD Supra (three-part article, part one 8/26/2022).
- Examining a Leaked Criminal Warrant for Apple iCloud Data in a High Profile Case, JD Supra, (three part article, begins 6/20/2022).
- Robophobia: Great New Law Review Article, JD Supra (three-part article, begins 5/15/2022).
- Predictive Coding and the Proportionality Doctrine: a Marriage Made in Big Data, 26 Regent U. Law Review 1 (2014).
- Florida Handbook on Civil Discovery Practice, Co-Editor with Judge Ralph Artigliere of the ediscovery chapters in the 2013 and 2015 editions.
- Served on committee in 2010 with Magistrate Judge David Baker and Professor William Hamilton that created the ESI Section of the Middle District Discovery Handbook.
- Mancia v. Mayflower Begins a Pilgrimage to the New World of Cooperation, 10 Sedona Conf. J. 377 (2009 Supp.).
- Lawyers Behaving Badly, 60 Mercer L. Rev. 983 (Spring 2009).
- HASH: The New Bates Stamp, 12 Journal of Technology Law & Policy 1 (June 2007).
- Protecting Your Intellectual Property, Profit Magazine (IBM – 1992).
- The Legal Protection of Computer Databases, Florida Bar Journal (1991).
- The Meaning of De Novo Review in ERISA Law, Trial Advocate Quarterly (1991).
- Bruch Creates Split in Circuits On Standard of ERISA Appellate Review, The National Law Journal (1991).